In February I was at the Sivananda ashram in France giving a week-long course on vegetarism and also yogic vegetarian cooking.Here’s one of the recipes I developed during the course.
Carrot and celeriac soup
Cooking time : approximately 25 mins
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp. coriander seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
1-2 cm fresh ginger
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp black pepper
Salt (to taste)
Chopped parsley (optional)
1. Wash and slice the carrots, peel the ginger with a small spoon and chop it finely. Peel and dice the celeriac.
2. Cover the bottom of a pot with oil, let it heat and sauté the cumin, coriander and mustard seeds.
3. Add the ginger, then as it starts to brown, add turmeric and black pepper.
4. Add the celeraic and the carrots.
5. Mix well then add 1 l boiling water and salt.
6. Before serving sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).